What shall I do?

I know I want to run a 5k and half marathon. Okay, so I want to run, but I will end up power walking instead. Maybe try out some new ethnic cuisines. Travel to some new spots. Try some new classes. Support a new charity. Some may be exciting adventures, some may be boring. I welcome your suggestions for something new to try.

Thursday, June 2, 2011

Dbox Update...

My #5 new experience was trying out the Dbox at our local theaters.  This is a simulation type experience where your seat moves to the action on the screen.  I saw Battle Los Angeles and it was awesome.  Lots of movement with the constant action on the screen.  I loved it!  I recommended it.  I encouraged everyone to try it.  But that was then and this is now.

Trev was home when I tried the Dbox and he loved it as well.  Ariel is now home for the summer so I took her along to see the new Pirates movie so she could experience Dbox too.  What a big disappointment.  While Dbox can be terrific, I discovered it is all about which movie you see.  You need a constant action packed film to make the extra cost worthwhile.  Pirates has some action, but also plenty of non-action scenes and for those the seat is as steady and calm as the doldrums.  There was far more non-movement than movement.  And we found when the movement comes sporadically, it ends up being distracting to the movie rather than enhancing it.  If this was the first movie I had seen using Dbox I would never try it again.

I am going to write both Dbox and my local theater to give them feedback.  At double the cost of a normal ticket they need the experience to be enjoyable enough so you continue to use it.  It is still very cool technology and it is the first class legroom section of the theater, not to mention for those of us that are vertically challenged you can also see over the person in front of you.  But for the price you still expect a few extra bells and whistles...

No comments:

Post a Comment